Connecting current serving defence members,
veterans and their families to an improved
and standardised support network
A centre to engage current defence members, past, present and future veterans and their families experiencing financial crisis and/or homelessness..
To provide opportunities for peer support, mentoring and social networking and to raise awareness of veteran issues amongst the local community.
This new initiative is for current serving defencemembers, veterans, reservists and their families across the Brisbane and Ipswich City Regions. The early benefit of this exciting development will be to afford
our team and veterans an
official Head Quarters in the
City of Ipswich.
An operational base for all current serving defence members, veterans and their families.
The services that we provide include:
• National Specialist Support for homeless
veterans with proven Service Delivery.
• Immediate Support service for those
veterans and/or families in financial crisis.
• Support for spouses and families of
veterans and current serving members.
• Employment, education and training
• A Veteran Centre providing resources
and support within a family social
environment, free of alcohol & pokies.
• Social support groups relating to veterans.
• A support centre for welfare, advocacy
• A quiet space with computer access.
• Peer support and mentoring with our
“drop in” facilities.
• Referral service to health providers.
• Provision of activity based social events.
• Referral to supported housing.
• Health, fitness and wellbeing services.
The Wounded Heroes Veterans Centre
41 Brisbane Road, Bundamba. City of Ipswich QLD 4305