What personal information do we collect?
Personal information collected by us may include:
- Your name and address
- Home or mobile phone numbers
- Email address
- Date of birth
- Communication preferences
- Transactional details associated with the purchase of Competition tickets or donations (no credit card details are stored on our servers)
How is this information used?
Information collected from our supporters is used to:
- Process and record ticket orders and donations
- Accurately identify supporters who contact us in order to protect against unauthorised access to your personal details.
- Communicate relevant Wounded Heroes Australia offers and events via phone, mail, social media and email.
- Contact you to update details required for processing ticket orders or to advise of a prize win.
Disclosure of information
We will only disclose personal information to reputable companies and suppliers we engage to process data on our behalf. We may disclose your email address details to our email service provider who has branches located in Australia only. Wounded Heroes Australia will not disclose your personal information unless it is necessary to:
- Ensure the proper functioning of the Competition operation such as the provision of Competition tickets (processing and sending your tickets).
- Be used confidentially by an agency engaged in marketing, planning, product development and research services
- Disclose personal supporter information if required by law.
When purchasing tickets from Wounded Heroes Australia your financial details are passed through a secure server using the latest SSL (secure sockets layer) encryption technology.
SSL encryption is the industry standard, and the same encryption technology that is used by banks. Wounded Heroes Australia does not keep your credit card details on our servers. This information is passed directly through to our banking institution when your ticket order is processed. Wounded Heroes is a Merchant PCI DSS (Payment Card Industry Data Security Standards) compliant company, and we are audited regularly to ensure that we abide by strict data security standards so that we can continue to maintain this security level within the industry. If you have any questions regarding our security policy, please contact our customer support centre on 1300 853 080 or simply contact us using your preferred method
Wounded Heroes Australia assumes no responsibility for information practices of third-party sites where the user can link through to our webpages. Please review the privacy policies listed on these sites before disclosing personal information. Please be aware that any information provided on social media platforms such as Facebook can be seen by the general public and Wounded Heroes Australia does not take responsibility for information disclosed in this manner.
"Cookies" are used to allow you to maintain a shopping cart and to purchase items in your shopping cart. Cookies sent to your computer from Wounded Heroes Australia only last while you're browsing our website. We do not store persistent cookies on your computer.
How to contact us
Wounded Heroes Australia undertakes promotional offers and special events that may be communicated to supporters through our direct mailings, emails and social media. Supporters can contact us to opt out of these communications through any of the below options.
- Phone: 1300 853 080
- Email: To unsubscribe from receiving our email campaigns simply click on the supplied link at the bottom of the email you received from us or alternatively send an e-mail to email@example.com with 'UNSUBSCRIBE' in the subject line.